By Jueseppi B.
Lets cut the bull shit and get down to brass tactics. If you are a so called person of faith, and are standing on that faith to deny the members of the LGBT community their civil rights, you need a new faith because your religious faith is seriously flawed.
The book you follow, The Holy Bible, has no scriptures directly associated with GOD or CHRIST that name or discuss gays, lesbians, bisexuals or transgender people. If and when you find scriptures in the Bible that come from the lips of either God or Christ, please, please show them to me and the world.
Now I could give a damn how you stand on the issue of Marriage Equality or Same Sex Marriage. As an American citizen you are entitled to your views and opinions. What I will not stand for, accept or allow is you people of “faith” using the Bible or your version of religious faith to deny human beings the exact same civil rights you enjoy under the United States Constitution.
If you support civil rights for women, Black Americans, the disabled, the young, or anyone else but want to deny civil rights to LGBT members of American society based on their sexual orientation….go straight to hell and kiss my Black ass on the way.
The Bible does NOT support your ideology. The scriptures don’t back up your prejudice. That God or Christ have no words in the Bible to help you with your own sexual fears is very crystal clear. So you resort to lying. Quoting scriptures written by man as the words spoken by God or Jesus Christ.
Last I read, lying is a sin.
It never ceases to amaze me how the “followers” of Christ, who have labeled themselves “Christians”, are nothing like Christ.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi said it best: “A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.”
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
- Chaotic Preaching (excluded-middle.com)
- LGBT Community Squares Off Against Pacquiao (newamericamedia.org)
- Jesus wasn’t a homophobe so why are you? (coffeehousediscussions.wordpress.com)
- Black Evangelicals’ Sad Message to LGBT: Your Blues Ain’t Like Ours (clutchmagonline.com)
- What Catholics Can Learn from Barack Obama’s “Coming Out” Story (newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com)
- Maddow on Politicians’ Personal Feelings on LGBT Rights (bilerico.com)
- Question: Christians, Same-Sex Marriage, and Active Faith (jdylanparker.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Causes, History, LGBT Community, News, Opinion, Politics, Race, Religion Tagged: | Bible, Christ, God, Jesu, LGBT, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Same-sex marriage, United States Constitution