By Jueseppi B.
PRESIDENT OBAMA WANTS TO EXPAND AND IMPROVE MEDICARE
MITT ROMNEY WOULD END MEDICARE AS WE KNOW IT
President Obama believes that our seniors deserve the Medicare they have earned through a lifetime of work. The president strongly opposes turning Medicare into a voucher program. Instead, he’s working to preserve and protect a secure and healthy retirement for seniors, today and in the future.
- “IT’S WRONG TO ASK SENIORS TO PAY MORE FOR MEDICARE JUST SO MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES CAN PAY LESS IN TAXES..”
- Made Medicare more efficient, adding eight years to the life of the current Medicare Trust Fund
- Led the most successful crackdown on health care fraud ever, recovering more than $10.7 billion from scams over the last three years
- 47 million people with Medicare now have access to free preventive services such as mammograms and colonoscopy screenings to detect medical conditions early
- People with Medicare who fell into the “donut hole” have saved an average of $629 this year on prescription drugs
- The average Medicare beneficiary will save $4,200 over 10 years
- MITT ROMNEY WILL SHIFT THE COSTS ONTO SENIORS THROUGH A VOUCHER PROGRAM THAT WON’T KEEP PACE WITH HEALTH CARE COSTS
- Would end Medicare as we know it, shifting costs onto seniors through vouchers
- The value of the vouchers will grow more slowly than health care costs
- Seniors might have to pay more to stay in traditional Medicare
- Could double out-of-pocket costs to seniors
- Repeal Obamacare, including provisions that are extending Medicare solvency by eight years
Stephanie Cutter: Medicare Whiteboard
Stephanie Cutter breaks down how the Romney-Ryan plan will end Medicare as we know it, turning it into a voucher system and making seniors pay up to $6,400 more. She also shares how President Obama is already strengthening Medicare and helping seniors save money.
PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS A PLAN TO OUT-EDUCATE THE WORLD
MITT ROMNEY WOULD MAKE DEEP CUTS TO EDUCATION AND LEAVE STUDENTS BEHIND
President Obama wants the United States to have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020. Through student loan reform, tax credits, and spurring states to strengthen K-12 programs, the President is taking us forward. Mitt Romney would cut investments in education to pay for more tax cuts for the wealthy.
- “…A HIGHER EDUCATION CAN’T BE A LUXURY—IT’S AN ECONOMIC IMPERATIVE THAT EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD.”
- Doubled funding for Pell Grants so more Americans can afford college
- Capped repayments on federal student loans at 10% of income
- Created the American Opportunity Tax Credit which helped 9.4 million students and families in 2011 afford higher education
- Expanded and strengthened Head Start and Early Head Start to reach an additional 64,000 children
- Supporting teachers and public service professionals by forgiving any remaining loan balance after 10 years of service
- Launched Race to the Top, an initiative to spur innovation that has already encouraged 46 states to raise their standards
- “SHOP AROUND, GET A GOOD PRICE… AND DON’T EXPECT THE GOVERNMENT TO FORGIVE THE DEBT THAT YOU TAKE ON.”
- Make spending cuts that could cut Pell Grant funding for 10 million students
- Told concerned students to “shop around” and “borrow money from your parents” to pay for college
- Allow the American Opportunity Tax Credit to expire, increasing taxes on low-income students and families by as much as $10,000 over four years
- Make spending cuts that could send more than 200,000 preschool students back home from Head Start
- Opposes reducing class sizes and says we don’t need more teachers
- Would abandon the bipartisan national commitment to turn around failing schools
Keeping His Word: Making College Affordable
Four years ago Barack Obama promised to make college more affordable. As president he doubled funding for Pell Grants, reduced student loan payments for millions of borrowers, and capped federal loan repayments at 10% of income.
PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS A PLAN TO CUT THE DEFICIT BY $4 TRILLION
MITT ROMNEY WOULD ADD UP TO $5 TRILLION TO THE DEFICIT
President Obama has a balanced plan for over $4 trillion in deficit reduction, including $2 trillion in spending cuts signed into law last year. Mitt Romney would give more tax cuts skewed to millionaires, adding as much as $5 trillion to the deficit, while slashing investments in the middle class.
- “WE CAN’T CUT BACK ON THOSE THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR US TO GROW.”
- Invest in education, research and technology to grow the economy for the long term
- Cut more than $4 trillion from the deficit while making millionaires pay their fair share in taxes
- Strengthen Medicare and Medicaid by cracking down on fraud while making them more efficient and effective
- Responsibly ended the war in Iraq, is bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and will use half the savings to reduce the deficit
- A plan that puts our fiscal house in order after inheriting a $1.3 trillion deficit from the previous administration
- CUTS TO TEACHING JOBS, STUDENT LOANS, RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY, MEDICARE, AND SOCIAL SECURITY
- Slash funding for education, research and technology while cutting taxes for millionaires
- Add as much as $5 trillion to the deficit and cut taxes for millionaires by 25%
- End Medicare as we know it, and make deep cuts to Medicaid by repealing Obamacare
- Increase defense spending significantly, raising the deficit by trillions of dollars
- Take us back to the failed policies that created record-breaking debt in the first place
Obama for America TV Ad: “Mosaic”
Mitt Romney in 2002: “I’m going to reduce taxes.”
As Governor, Mitt Romney did cut taxes…on millionaires like himself.
But he raised taxes and fees on everyone else: $1.5 billion.
Over a thousand fee hikes:
On health care. On school bus rides. On milk. On driver’s licenses. On nursing homes. On lead poisoning prevention. On meat and poultry inspection. On fishermen and gun owners. On nurses. On electricians. On hospitals. On funeral homes. On mental health services. On hospice care. On elevator repair.
Romney Economics didn’t work then. And won’t work now.
PRESIDENT OBAMA WANTS THE WEALTHY TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE
MITT ROMNEY WANTS NEW TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY
President Obama cut taxes for every American worker and provided 18 tax cuts for small businesses to help them weather the recession. Mitt Romney wants to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and add his own tax breaks for millionaires on top of it—without saying how he’d pay for it.
- PROTECT THE MIDDLE-CLASS BY MAKING EVERYONE, INCLUDING MILLIONAIRES, PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.
- Cut taxes by $3,600 for the typical middle class family making $50,000 a year over his term.
- Signed 18 small business tax cuts into law to encourage more hiring
- Eliminate tax breaks for companies that send jobs and profits overseas
- Make sure millionaires aren’t paying lower tax rates than middle class families, but instead pay the same rate as under President Clinton
- Reduce the deficit by more than $4 trillion
- THE MIDDLE CLASS PAYS THE PRICE FOR TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH.
- Raise taxes for at least 18 million working families by ending President Obama’s tax credits
- Cut taxes for corporations by nearly a third at a cost to taxpayers of $1 trillion over a decade
- Eliminate all taxes on foreign profits, giving companies more reasons to move jobs overseas
- Give huge taxes breaks to millionaires, with 40% of the cuts for the top 1%
- Add up to $5 trillion to the deficit
Obama for America TV Ad: “Two Plans”
The choice on taxes.
Mitt Romney’s plan: A twenty five percent tax cut for millionaires, tax breaks for oil companies and corporations that ship jobs overseas, but a tax hike for 18 million working families.
President Obama’s plan: ask the wealthy to pay a little more so the middle class pays less, eliminate oil subsidies and tax breaks for companies that outsource.”
Two plans. Your choice.
PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS A PLAN TO BRING JOBS BACK TO THE U.S.
MITT ROMNEY HAS A PLAN THAT WOULD INCREASE OUTSOURCING
President Obama is working to bring jobs back to the U.S. by eliminating tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. Mitt Romney would keep tax incentives for shipping jobs overseas and encourage further outsourcing by eliminating taxes on American companies’ foreign profits.
- “THAT STARTS WITH US CHANGING OUR TAX CODE SO WE STOP GIVING TAX BREAKS TO COMPANIES THAT ARE SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS.”
- Eliminate tax breaks for companies that outsource American jobs
- Create tax incentives for businesses bringing jobs back home
- Invest in education and training programs for American workers
- ROMNEY LED INVESTMENTS IN COMPANIES THAT WERE “PIONEERS” IN THE PRACTICE OF SHIPPING U.S. JOBS OVERSEAS
- Protect tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas
- Encourage outsourcing by eliminating taxes on foreign profits
- Cut funding for education and jobs skills training even as he gives deep tax breaks to the rich
Obama For America TV Ad – “Believes”
What a president believes matters.
Mitt Romney’s companies were pioneers in outsourcing US jobs to low-wage countries. He supports tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas.
President Obama believes in insourcing.
He fought to save the US auto industry, and favors tax cuts for companies that bring jobs home.
Outsourcing versus insourcing. It matters.
As part of the Affordable Care Act, starting August 1st, many insurance plans will be required to fully cover birth control without co-pays or deductibles as part of women’s preventive care. This step will help more women make health care decisions based on what’s best for them—not their insurance company—and could save them hundreds of dollars every year.
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius announced that certain religious organizations, including churches, will be exempt from the rules, and other religious organizations will not have to pay for their insurers to cover birth control.
Here’s a look at how the new birth control policy will affect women and religious institutions.
Support for birth control coverage
- More than half of all Americans already live in the 28 states that require insurance companies to cover birth control.
- Most women—including 98 percent of Catholic women—who have had sex have used birth control, according to a study by the Guttmacher Institute.
- Some religiously-affiliated hospitals and universities already provide birth control coverage to their employees.
- A majority of Americans support including birth control coverage in health plans at no cost to women.
- Health care experts like the American Medical Association and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommend birth control as a preventive service.
Protecting women’s health
- Under the new provisions in the Affordable Care Act, women will have access to the care and family planning services they need without worrying about the cost.
- Women using birth control reduce their risk of developing ovarian and endometrial cancers to about half the rate of the rest of the population.
- Churches and other houses of worship are exempt from the new law.
- Other non-profit organizations, like religiously affiliated hospitals and universities that employ or serve people regardless of their faiths may qualify for a one-year transition period to prepare for the new law.
Protecting individual religious beliefs
- No individual health care provider will be forced to prescribe birth control.
- No one will be forced to buy or use birth control.
- Drugs such as RU-486 that cause abortion are not covered by this policy. The President remains committed to maintaining strict limits on federal funding for abortions.
- While the monthly cost of birth control for women ranges between $30 and $50, insurers and experts agree that the savings would more than offset the costs.
- It will also save employers money. The National Business Group on Health estimated that employers would pay 15 to 17 percent more not to provide coverage than they would to provide it.
President Obama has proven that he is a strong advocate for women and a defender of the issues that are important to women and their families.
President Obama passed the Affordable Care Act torestore health care as a basic cornerstone of middle-class security in America.
From fair pay to education to access to quality health care, the President’s agenda is one that showcases his commitment to ensuring that we provide security to working and middle class families by building an economy where responsibility is rewarded, hard work pays, and everyone plays by the rules.
A message to Planned Parenthood Supporters from President Obama
President Obama knows how important women’s health is, and he respects the right of every woman to make her own medical decisions. Watch the video to see his special message to Planned Parenthood Action Fund supporters — and then sign our letter thanking him for standing strong for women’s health:
Already, 20 million women have received preventive care without a co-pay because of the health care reform law. When the health care reform law is fully implemented, women will no longer be discriminated against by insurance companies, and essential services including cancer screenings, birth control, and HIV testing and counseling will be covered with no co-pays.
If we ever needed to vote, we sure do need to vote now. For us (Black America) the right to vote is not just a Constitutional matter but a right borne out of struggle, out of sacrifice and in some cases out of death. Think for a moment where we are in time and you will understand why: ”If we never ever needed to vote, we sure do need to vote NOW!!”
Lyin Paul Ryan & Lyin UnFitt Mitt
Just Say NO To Lies In “NO”vember!
Just “BARACK” The Vote
Filed under: 2012 Election, Abortion Rights, Affordable Health Care Act, Business, Campaign Ads, Causes, Democrats/Democratic, Economy, Education, Finance, Good News, GOPukes/RepubliCANTS, Health, Jobs, Lyin Mitt IS UnFitt, Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security, News, Paul Ryan, Politics, POTUS Obama, Tax Returns/Taxes, The White House, Vice President Joseph Biden, Willard Mitt Romney, Women's Causes Tagged: | AHCA, American Opportunity Tax Credit, Barack Obama, Education, Health, Medicare, Mitt Romney, Obama, Paul Ryan, Pell Grant, United States, Women's Health, Women's Issues