By Jueseppi B.
Last night at the debate, America saw someone who has provided strong and steady leadership as our commander in chief — and someone on stage with him who is very much not ready to be commander in chief at all.
As President Obama said, Mitt Romney would take us back to the foreign policy of the 1980s, social policy of the 1950s, and economic policy of the 1920s. President Obama’s vision, on the other hand, would build on the progress of the last four years, do some nation building here at home, and move America forward, not back.
As we hit the final stretch of this election, it’s more important than ever your friends and family hear from you about the detailed second-term agenda President Obama has been laying out on the campaign trail over the past few months — titled “The New Economic Patriotism: A Plan For Jobs & Middle Class Security.” Please take a look and then share it with everyone you know:
- President Obama has a long-term economic plan to invest in education, small businesses, clean energy, infrastructure, and tax cuts for companies that bring jobs back to the U.S..
- Under President Obama, we’ve seen 31 straight months of job growth, adding 5.2 million private sector jobs, including nearly 500,000 manufacturing jobs – the most growth since 1997.
- Cut taxes by $3,600 for the typical middle class family making $50,000 a year over his first term – find out how his plan impacts your taxes.
- “All of the above” strategy to develop every available source of American made energy—including oil, gas, clean coal, wind, solar, biofuels, nuclear – and taking steps to protect our climate.
- Set a goal to cut tuition growth in half over the next decade with a plan to double campus based student aid and incentives for schools that are successful at keeping tuition growth down.
- Responsibly ended the war in Iraq , is bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and will use half the savings to reduce the deficit and the rest to engage in nation-building here at home.
- 100 million Americans saw lifetime caps on coverage lifted, so that families have the security of knowing that their insurance will cover them when they need it most.
- Believes a woman’s health care choices are personal decisions, best made with her doctor—without interference from politicians.
- Improved Medicare by adding free preventive care, closing the “doughnut hole” saving seniors an average of $600 last year, and extended the life of Medicare by 8 years by eliminating $716 billion in waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Is lifting the shadow of deportation from young, hardworking immigrants who were brought here as children, and is committed to comprehensive immigration reform.
- Mitt Romney’s plan would add $5 trillion in tax cuts skewed to the rich, either increasing the deficit or requiring tax increases on the middle-class.
- Mitt Romney wants to return to the failed top-down policies that crashed the economy.
- Could require raising taxes on middle class families with kids by $2000 to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.
- Let Big Oil advisers and donors write a drilling-centered energy policy for America, excluding any plan for energy efficiency and stripping funding for clean energy.
- As governor, Romney made deep cuts to higher education – by the end of his term, college costs had skyrocketed, with fees at state colleges and universities increasing 63%.
- Mitt Romney criticized the end of the Iraq war as “tragic,” and has offered no plan withdraw our troops from Afghanistan.
- Go back to the days when more than half of all insurance plans included lifetime limits on the care they would cover.
- Give employers and government the authority to limit women’s access to common forms of birth control.
- Would end Medicare as we know it, eliminating guaranteed benefits and turning Medicare into a voucher program — which could increase costs for seniors more than $6,000 each year by shifting costs to seniors.
- Pledged to veto the DREAM Act, and refuse help for many immigrants who came here as children.
This election is a choice between two fundamentally different visions for America: President Obama is fighting to grow the economy from the middle out, not the top down. Mitt Romney wants to go back to the exact same policies that caused the recession and hurt the middle class. Read the President’s plan.
The President’s agenda would restore security to the middle class and grow our economy by creating good-paying jobs in manufacturing, and recruiting 100,000 math and science teachers to prepare our kids to fill those jobs and compete in the world. His agenda would also cut our imports of foreign oil in half and not cede new energy industries to China or India. It would reduce the deficit and use half the savings from ending two wars to rebuild our roads, bridges, and highways.
Contrast President Obama’s concrete vision with what we heard from Romney last night: a willingness to say whatever it takes to win, even if it means trying to hide the severely conservative positions he’s taken in the past. Take a look at this video about Romney’s performance in the debate, and share it with others.
Last night was the last time President Obama will get onstage with Mitt Romney before Election Day — that means it’s on us from here on in to protect the President’s record and ensure voters across the country know they can’t trust Romney’s real record.
Priorities USA Action: Same Promises
Published on Oct 23, 2012 by prioritiesUSAaction
if Mitt Romney wins, we lose. www.prioritiesusaaction.org/donate
Don’t Let Romney Win the White House
The truth is, if any single American votes for a Lying, stealing, unfitt tax cheat who outsources American jobs to places overseas such as China….that American is either wealthy, racist, stupid or uninformed.
Which are you?
If you would like to contact the Obama for America campaign, please visit:
At www.barackobama.com/contact-us you can:
· Write to us with a question, comment, or feedback.
· Let us know if you have an issue with a donation.
· Let us know if you have any technical difficulties with our website.
You can also reach us by calling (312) 698-3670.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please visit:www.barackobama.com/volunteer.
If you are writing regarding an issue with your 2012 Merchandise, please call 1-800-556-5975.
For the most up to date information about the campaign, please bookmark http://www.barackobama.com.
Obama for America
If we ever needed to vote & vote DEMOCRATIC, we sure do need to vote DEMOCRATIC now. For us (Black America) the right to vote is not just a Constitutional matter but a right borne out of struggle, out of sacrifice and in some cases out of death. Think for a moment where we are in time and you will understand why: ”If we never ever needed to vote DEMOCRATIC, we sure do need to vote DEMOCRATIC NOW!!”
Lyin Paul Ryan & Lyin UnFitt Mitt
Just Say NO To Lies In “NO”vember!
Just “BARACK” The Vote
Filed under: "BARACK" The Vote, 2012 Election, Campaign Ads, Causes, Celebrity, Democrats/Democratic, Economy, Education, Finance, Foreign Polocy, Good News, GOPukes/RepubliCANTS, Health, Immigration Issues, Jobs, LGBT Community, Lyin Mitt IS UnFitt, Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security, News, Obama Truth Team, Paul Ryan, Photographs, Politics, POTUS Obama, Tax Returns/Taxes, The White House, Vice President Joseph Biden, Videos, Willard Mitt Romney, Women's Causes Tagged: | Afghanistan, Barack Obama, Iraq, Medicare, Mitt Romney, Obama, Obama's 5 Point Plan For America, Romney, Romney's Plan For America, United States