This Rose is so strikingly beautiful it looks fake. Beauty such as this can only be created by God. Makes one wonder how a non believer views something like a Rose created by God. Thank you nelvinray2010.
By Jueseppi B.
In the wake of President Obama’s reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.
Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours, as a result of President Obama’s reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents due to Obamacare.
“I got in a bunch of trouble for this,” he said, referring to the comments he made in August, according to Naples News. “That’s what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don’t think people know what they’re going to pay for this.”
Schnatter went on to say he’s neither in support of, nor against the Affordable Care Act, even admitting that “the good news is 100 percent of the population is going to have health insurance.” But he’s not the only one in the chain restaurant industry to admit that workers hours may be reduced, since Obamacare mandates that only employees that work more than 30 hours per week are covered under their employers health insurance plan. For example, Darden restaurants, the parent company of Olive Garden and Red Lobster, has already experimented with reducing workers hours in anticipation of the legislation.
Others have responded to the added costs of Obamacare more harshly, including Applebee’s franchisee owner Zane Tankel who said his company won’t hire new workers because of the law. Just this week, a Georgia business owner also claimed he cut employees due to Obamacare and in fact had specifically laid off those who he thought had voted for President Obama.
Major restaurants Papa John’s and Applebee’s threaten to fire workers over Obamacare as President Barack Obama was elected to a second term in office.
According to the Daily Mail, due to the fact that Obama won the elections, Papa John’s and Applebee’s threaten to fire workers over Obamacare. After Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter floated a plan to cut worker hours in order to reduce spiking employee health care costs under the Affordable Care Act, an Applebee’s franchise owner Zane Tankel threatened a hiring freeze and possible layoffs due to Obamacare.
However, because of Tankel’s response to the president’s heath care plan, his New York restaurant is being boycotted. Twitter users took to tweeting about both establishments as numerous twitter users threatened to boycott both restaurants and encouraged others to do the same. Take a look at some of the tweets:
“So far I’ve seen Papa John’s and Applebee’s threatening to fire people since their choice didn’t win the election. Disgusting on either side.”
“BOYCOTT Applebee’s NOW!”
“Add @Applebee’s to the list of unpatriotic businesses who are firing people because Barack Obama won.”
While Zane Tankel is dealing with the backlash of consumers, Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter reportedly told shareholders in a conference call that Obamacare would cost the company 11 to 14 cents per pizza and that cost would be passed on to customers. Again, many took to twitter saying:
“First Chick-fil-A, now Papa John’s. What does it say about the US when fast food has become the tool for political catalyst?”
“Thanks 4 letting us know how CHEAP you are. 10 cents?! REALLY! Officially on my DO NOT BUY LIST even if you don’t up the price.”
However, Schnatter defended his decision and told Naples News, “That’s what you do, is you pass on the costs. Unfortunately, I don’t think people know what they’re going to pay for [Obamacare].”
I would strongly suggest boycotting any business that lays off American workers based on who won an election. Hit ‘Em where it hurts…the pocketbook.
The folks at this blog don’t like the term “Racist Idiots” used to describe the “racist idiots” who file petitions to secede from the United States. Too damn bad because anyone who wants to secede from the United States because Barack Hussein Obama is elected President of the United States…..is a “Racist Idiot”.
Originally posted on 2012: What's the 'real' truth?:
I don’t know, but I suspect these petitions are filed in States where people don’t want to live under Obama. Hopefully, I’m wrong, but I haven’t got time to check it now. . . ~J
In the wake of last week’s presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitionsseeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.
States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that…
View original 358 more words
By Jueseppi B.
Obama Congratulates Sara El-Amine, Matthew Saniie On Engagement
Engagements are exciting on their own. Add the President of the United States to the fray, and the event is even more memorable.
In a clip posted on Saniie’s YouTube page on Saturday, El-Amine explained to Obama how the couple met.
“So I’m responsible?,” the president joked, calling the two over for a celebratory picture.
After the photo was snapped, Obama pulled Saniie aside and asked him “so how did you do it? … let’s tell the story in front of everybody,” drawing applause from the crowd.
Telling the President how we got engaged
msaniie· Published on Nov 10, 2012 My timing was so bad it became good.
Not every couple gets personal congratulations from the President on their engagement, so you should relish this memory. Thanks for sharing it!
Filed under: Causes, Celebrity, Democrats/Democratic, Fun & Games, Good News, History, Joy & Happiness, News, Politics, POTUS Obama, Videos | Tagged: Barack Obama, engagement, Matthew Saniie, Matthew Saniie On Engagement, Obama Congratulates Sara El-Amine, President, Sara El-Amine, United States, YouTube | 2 Comments »
By Jueseppi B.
Each of the statements below reference factual numbers, actual legislation, or true data. None of this is my opinion, all of this can be easily validated.
1. Since 1932, Democratic Presidents have created 73.4 million new jobs, Republicans have created only 34.8 million. Thus, Democrats created more jobs lifting my standard of living. (Source: International Business Times | Bloomberg)
2. Democrats got my mother, sister, and all other women a right to vote by fighting the GOP for 7 years (Source: Woodrow Wilson 1912-1919). Even 100 years later, Democrats fight Republicans as they introduced a law in Wisconsin that would criminalize single mothers. (Source 1 | Forbes)
3. Land Grant Institution funding triggered under Great Society Programs lifted me and many of my friends from lower middle class to upper earning brackets through affordable college education. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
4. Democrats got me a right to get married to the person I love while GOP made constitutional bans for same-sex marriage in almost all GOP controlled states. (Source: HRC Housing | Employment | Hospital Visitation)
5. Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society Programs created “Work Study” which enabled me to work 20-hours a week in addition to classes to pay towards my college tuition and make a life for myself. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
6. Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society Programs created Pell Grants, which helped me and millions of other people complete college education and go on to create new businesses and opportunities for ourselves and others. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
7. Democratic President Barack Obama repealed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell to empower me and other LGBT Americans to serve our country with self-respect and dignity, unifying our nation. (Source: White House)
8. While GOP governments have legislation in 12 states to ban Islamic faith called Sharia, Democrats created a nation where people of all faiths can freely practice under our first amendment right by never introducing legislation to ban an established faith. (Source: MSNBC)
9. In last 70 years GDP rose 12.6% under Democrats versus a GOP increase of 10.7%. From 1960 to 2012 the gross domestic product measured in dollars rose an average of $165 billion a year under Republican presidents and $212 billion a year under Democrats. Thus, Democrats made this nation more prosperous. (Source: Washington Post)
10. The Bayh-Dole Act, passed by a Democratic House and Senate and signed by Jimmy Carter, has created 5000 companies including Google. It created millions of jobs for me and my fellow citizens. (Source: Act | Wiki Information)
11. Democrats in 1967 legalized interracial marriage across the US, giving me and my friends a chance to find and marry the best person for us irrespective of race. The GOP opposed it. (Source: Wikipedia)
12. Democrats created anti-discrimination laws under Great Society Programs that protect me, and millions of other Americans from being denied housing, jobs, or other services on the grounds of race. The GOP opposed it. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
13. Lyndon Johnson enacted a massive expansion of Social Security (also created by a democratic, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt) and Medicare so older Americans that have worked hard and spent their lives making this nation great are not left alone in the dark. One day, I will also take advantage of such programs. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
14. Democrats created Medicaid under Great Society Programs to help enhance healthcare access for men, women, and children who otherwise couldn’t afford it. The GOP still wants to dissolve it. (Sources: Colorado University | US History | Wikipedia)
15. Democratic Presidents hold the record for all of the following:
- Greatest gross domestic product (GDP) growth: Clinton
- Biggest jobs increase: Truman
- Best after-tax personal disposable income rise: Carter
- Highest industrial production growth: Johnson
- The lowest Misery Index, which is inflation plus unemployment: Kennedy
- The lowest inflation: Truman
- The largest federal budget deficit reduction: Clinton
Each one of the above made this country a stronger and larger economy to make all Americans more prosperous. (Source: Washington Post)
16. Democrats spend far less; spending breaks down as $35 billion a year under Democratic presidents and $60 billion under Republicans on average. If you assume that it takes a year for a president’s policies to take effect, Democrats have raised spending by $40 billion a year and Republicans by $55 billion. Thus, the GOP is more responsible for the debt that we have amassed, lowering our credit rating. (Source: Washington Post)
17. While giving people of faith a full free choice to do what they deem fit, Democrats made access to birth control available to all women so those suffering from PCOS, ovarian cancer, ovarian cysts, and hormonal disorders can save their lives by using it. The GOP still fights that. This made lives of people close to me better. (Source: Detailed Affordable Care Act | Graphic | Related Blog)
18. Democrats have created anti-discrimination laws to protect LGBT individuals from being denied housing or jobs based on their sexual orientation which is similar to providing protection for people who choose to affiliate with a certain religion of their choice. This has created an America where my friends and I can thrive based on our work not our race, religion, or sexual orientation. 31 GOP states have still refused to follow this trend enacted in 19 liberal states to protect LGBT Americans in a diversity bucket. (Source: HRC Housing | Employment | Hospital Visitation | State Laws |Interactive)
19. Out of 18 states that produce more wealth than what they take in from the Federal Government, 16 are liberal, one swing (FL), and only one Republican (TX). On the other hand, of 32 states that take in more money than what they produce, aka welfare states, 4 (MD, ME, HI, VT) are liberal, one swing (PA), and an astonishing 27 are full-out conservative. (Link) Thus Democratic legislature and fiscal policies have created a better living environment for me, conservative legislatures have failed to do the same for its loyal base. (Source: Tax Foundation)
20. A Democratic legislature and President Obama in 2010 enacted HealthCare Reform that eliminates discrimination for insurance against people with preexisting conditions, prevents women from being charged twice as much, makes preventative care available, enables young adults to stay on their parents plan till 26, and removes lifetime caps to make sure that children born with serious conditions are not left out to die. The beauty of this was that the reform is not a government takeover, relies on private insurance, and expands coverage for all my fellow citizens making all of our lives better. (Source: Lifetime Caps | Women Pay More | Detailed Affordable Care Act |Graphic)
Now, take just 5 minutes. Imagine an America where only one religion dictates the law of the land like Rick Santorum suggests. Where things like the Patriot Act and Guantanamo Bay-style camps that enable no right to fair trial are created. LGBT Americans cannot only not serve in the military but have their children confiscated. Women cannot vote. Blacks cannot marry whites. You can be fired for being Hispanic. Muslims cannot worship freely. There are no Pell Grants to put your child through school. There is no Medicare for your parents.
There is a government that spends twice as much on average ($60B vs. $35B) and creates half as many jobs (73.4MM vs 34.8MM). Imagine it… having trouble? It is called Iran. Afghanistan. Pakistan. Saudi Arabia. It is called America without Democratic Presidents and their legislation. Take away all what Democrats have achieved in last 100 years and you will get an America not too different from places you fear the most.
America, wake up. Facts are staring right at you. Wake up!
“Disagree Intelligently, Use The Facts & Truth™”
Filed under: Causes, Democrats/Democratic, Economy, Education, Finance, Good News, GOPukes/RepubliCANTS, Jobs, Politics, POTUS Obama, The White House | Tagged: Barack Obama, Democrat, Democratic, Liberal, Lyndon B. Johnson, Pell Grant, Republican, United States, Woodrow Wilson | 1 Comment »