By Jueseppi B.
White House Schedule – January 24th, 2014
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 24th, 2014
DAILY GUIDANCE AND SCHEDULE FOR
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24th, 2014
In the morning, the President and Vice President will receive the Presidential Daily Briefing in the Oval Office. This meeting is closed press.
Friday, January 24 2014 All Times ET
10:00 AM: The President and Vice President receive the Presidential Daily Briefing, Oval Office.
12:45 PM: Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, Brady Press Briefing Room.
Statements and Releases/Speeches and Remarks
January 23, 2014
First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Commitment by Subway® Restaurants to Promote Healthier Choices to Kids
12:01 AM EST
Welcome to the West Wing Week, your guide to everything that’s happening at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. This week, the President announced important reforms to the National Security Agency and new measures to prevent sexual assault, honored Martin Luther King with a service project at DC Central Kitchen, signed the 2014 appropriations bill into law to fund the government, and hosted a conference of mayors. That’s January 17th to January 23rd or, “199!”
Friday, January 17th
- This week, the President delivered a speech discussing U.S. intelligence programs at the Department of Justice.
- Then, the President thanked government staff for their service.
- Following that, President Obama was interviewed by the German broadcasting station ZDF.
Monday, January 20th
- The First Family spent their Monday honoring Martin Luther King Jr through service by helping to prepare food at the DC Central kitchen.
Wednesday, January 22nd
- The President issued a Presidential Memorandum to establish the White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault
- Later that day, the Vice President held a meeting with the speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives.
Thursday, January 23rd
- The President hosted mayors from across the country who were in Washington for the 82nd Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- The First Lady promoted her Lets Move! initiative through an announcement of 3 year commitment with Subway and the Partnership for a Healthy America.
Consolidated Appropriations Act, Worth $82.2 Billion For SNAP In Fiscal Year 2014, Passes Both Houses And Signed Into Law By POTUS.
Filed under: Politics Tagged: | $82.2 billion for SNAP in Fiscal Year 2014, 2013 State of the Union, 2014 Mid Term Elections, 2014 State Of The Union, 2014 State of the Union Address, 2014 State Of The Union Social, Affordable Health Care Act, and I’ve got a phone, Barack After Dark Tagged: | Barbara Boxer United States Senator, BARACK The Vote, Barack's Blog, Black History, Breaking News, campaign ads, Causes, Congress, Consolidated Appropriations Act, Daily White House Schedule, Democrats/Democratic, economy, Education, Entertainment, Event, Expert Pundits, Facebook, finance, Food, Foreign Polocy, Good News, Google, GOPukes/RepubliCANTS, Health, History, Homeless, House Speaker John Boehner, Hunger, I’ve got a pen, Immigration Issues, Information & Links, January 28 At 9 PM ET/8 PM CT., Joy & Happiness, LGBT Community, Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security, Michelle Obama, News, Obama week In Review, ObamaCares (AHCA), Opinion, Organizing For Action, Photographs, Politics, POTUS Obama, President Barack Obama, Reuters, SNAP benefits, Speech, State of the Union Social, Stories, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), The White House, The White House Daily Snapshot, The Writing of the 2012 State of the Union, U.S. Conference Of Mayors, Vice President Joseph Biden, videos, white house blog, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, WhiteHouse.gov/Social, Women's Causes, World News Tagged: | 2013 Enhanced State of the Union, YouTube