By Jueseppi B.
Commencement 2013 Information
- Parking decks will open at 5:00 a.m. for ticketed guests only.
- All guests must show their Commencement tickets for entry into the designated parking areas.
- Parking is first come, first served until the decks are full.
- Metered parking also will be available on the surface streets surrounding the campus.
Doors will open to ticketed guests at 6:00 a.m.
- Airport-like security check-points for ticketed guests will be located in the Brawley Hall parking lot (Building #26 on the Campus Map). [Make the yellow highlighted words a live link to the campus map]
- Seating will be allowed from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., after which all persons must be seated.
- Seating on the Century Campus will be governed by color-coded tickets. There will be clear signage and ushers to assist in seating.
- No food or drink will be allowed into the venue.
- No umbrellas, large purses, large bags (including book bags and baby bags), metal sticks or pipes, and the like will be allowed.
- No one will be allowed to access the stage.
- Attendees may take photos using cell phones or small cameras from their seats. Only authorized photographers may take photos beyond the seating areas.
The 129th Commencement exercises at Morehouse College will take place – rain or shine – on the Century Campus (the yard between Graves Hall and Harkness Hall).
If weather is inclement or severe (heavy rain, thunderstorms, tornado watch/warning) a delay in the start of the ceremony may be necessary. Should that be the case, instructions will be announced on site to graduates and guests. If the ceremony is underway but is interrupted by severe weather, graduates and guests should follow instructions as announced.
|Commencement Speaker||Baccalaureate Preacher|
|The Honorable Barack Hussein Obama
44th President of the United States of America
|The Reverend Dr. Kevin Rae Miles Johnson ’96
Senior Pastor, Bright Hope Baptist Church
Commencement exercises will be held outdoors on Century Campus—rain or shine! Please come prepared.
Anre Darel Washington
Student Government Association President
Hometown: Hinesville, Ga.
After graduation: Spending six months working for a Washington, D.C.,
consulting firm then for the Congressional Black Caucus
Reginald Sharpe Jr.
President, Morehouse College International Chapel Assistants
Hometown: Lithonia, Ga.
After graduation:Pursuing a master of divinity degree at Yale Divinity School
Read Full Profile»
Member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity; highest-ranking accounting graduate
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
After graduation: Working as an investment banker with the Bank of Montreal in Toronto
Read Full Profile»
Dorian Joyner Sr. and Dorian Joyner Jr.
Father and son graduates
Majors: Religion; English
Hometowns: Roosevelt, N.Y.; Lithonia, Ga.
After graduation: Father –pursuing degrees in law and business
administration; Son – attending film school
For family members and friends who are unable to attend Baccalaureate or the 129thMorehouse College Commencement, please note that the College will offer a live web stream during both events on Saturday, May 18, 2013 and Sunday, May 19, 2013.
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Filed under: "BARACK" The Vote, 2014 Mid Term Elections, Awards, Black History, Breaking News, Causes, Celebrity, Celebs & Fame, Daily White House Schedule, Education, Event, Fun & Games, Good News, History, Information & Links, News, Photographs, POTUS Obama, Speech, Stories, The White House, The White House Daily Snapshot, White House Blog | Tagged: Addis Ababa, Atlanta, BarackObama, Commencement speech, Graduation, John Silvanus Wilson, Morehouse, Morehouse College, Seattle | Leave a Comment »