By Jueseppi B.
Weekly Address: Sandy Hook Victim’s Mother Calls for Commonsense Gun Responsibility Reforms
April 13, 2013 | 4:26 | Public Domain
This week’s address is delivered by Francine Wheeler, whose six year old son, Ben, was murdered alongside nineteen other children and six educators in Newtown, Connecticut, four months ago. Now, Francine – joined by her husband David – is asking the American people to help prevent this type of tragedy from happening to more families like hers.
April 15, 2013 | 48:12 | Public Domain
President Obama Welcomes BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide
April 15, 2013 | 5:56 | Public Domain
The President welcomes the University of Alabama Crimson Tide to the White House to honor their 15th BCS National Championship.
President Obama Speaks on Explosions in Boston
April 15, 2013 | 3:22 | Public Domain
President Obama makes a statement from the briefing room about the explosions at today’s Boston Marathon.
President Obama Speaks on Attacks in Boston
April 16, 2013 | 4:37 | Public Domain
President Obama says that the FBI is investigating the two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon as acts of terror.
President Obama Honors NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Brad Keselowski
April 16, 2013 | 7:16 | Public Domain
President Obama welcomes Brad Keselowski to the White House to honor his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
April 17, 2013 | 46:52 | Public Domain
White House Press Briefings are conducted most weekdays from the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room in the West Wing.
President Obama Welcomes the Wounded Warrior Project‘s Soldier Ride
April 17, 2013 | 12:17 | Public Domain
President Obama welcomes the Wounded Warrior Project’s Soldier Ride to the White House in celebration of the seventh annual Soldier Ride, a cycling event to help Wounded Warriors restore their physical and emotional well-being.
White House Hangout: Vice President Biden and Mayors on Reducing Gun Violence
April 17, 2013 | 33:42 | Public Domain
Vice President Biden discusses reducing gun violence in a Google+ Hangout with mayors from across the country, including Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson of Gary, IN; Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake of Baltimore, MD; Mayor R.T. Rybak of Minneapolis, MN; and Mayor Steve Scaffidi of Oak Creek, WI.
President Obama Speaks on Common-Sense Measures to Reduce Gun Violence
April 17, 2013 | 18:17 | Public Domain
President Obama makes a statement from the Rose Garden following the Senate’s vote to block common-sense measures to reduce gun violence.
President Obama Speaks to Volunteers and First Responders in Boston
April 18, 2013 | 4:09 | Public Domain
President Obama thanks volunteers and first responders for their work after Monday’s bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
President Obama Speaks at an Interfaith Prayer Service in Boston
April 18, 2013 | 20:41 | Public Domain
President Obama delivers remarks at “Healing Our City: An Interfaith Service” dedicated to those who were gravely wounded or killed in Monday’s bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
West Wing Week: 04/19/13 or “Selflessly. Compassionately. Unafraid.”
April 18, 2013 | 6:26 | Public Domain
This week, the President responded to the terror attack in Boston, met with Americorps volunteers, invited the Wounded Warrior riders to the White House, and for the first time, asked a citizen to deliver the weekly address.
Friday, April 12th
- The Midshipmen of the US Naval Academy visited White House to receive the Commander-in-Chief trophy, their 8th in 10 years, from the Commander- in-Chief himself.
- The President held a roundtable discussion with Americorps volunteers where they discussed the importance of Americans engaging in community service.
Saturday, April 13th
- The President asked a citizen, Francine Wheeler, who lost her son Ben in the Newtown shootings, to take his place and deliver the Weekly Address herself.
Monday, April 15th
- The President made a statement about the explosions at the Boston Marathon.
Tuesday, April 16th
- The President returned to the Press Briefing Room to give an update on the bombings in Boston.
Wednesday, April 17th
- The First Lady joined Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley as he signed into law the Veterans Full Employment Act of 2013.
- The Vice President participated in a live Google+ Hangout with mayors from across the country to discuss reducing gun violence.
- The President welcomed the Wounded Warrior Project’s Soldier Ride in celebration of the seventh annual Soldier Ride.
- Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and families from Newtown, CT joined the President in the Rose Garden where he vowed to keep fighting for common sense measures to reduce gun violence.
Thursday, April 18th
- The President traveled to Boston where he spoke at an inter-faith service honoring the victims of Monday’s bombings.
Filed under: "BARACK" The Vote, 2014 Mid Term Elections, Awards, Campaign Ads, Causes, Celebrity, Congress, Court Room/Legal, Crime, Daily White House Schedule, Democrats/Democratic, Disaster, Education, Event, Football, Fun & Games, Good News, GOPukes/RepubliCANTS, Gun Control, Gun Violence, Information & Links, Joy & Happiness, Michelle Obama, News, NRA, Obama Week In Review, Photographs, Politics, POTUS Obama, Speech, Stories, The White House, The White House Daily Snapshot, Vice President Joseph Biden, Videos, White House Blog, World News | Tagged: Barack Obama, Boston Marathon, James S. Brady Press Briefing Room, Monday, Obama, President, White House, Wounded Warrior Project | Leave a Comment »