By Jueseppi B.
All times Israeli – Jerusalem is 6 hours head of Washington, DC:
Wednesday March 20th, 2013:
- President Obama will arrive in Tel Aviv, Israel, marking the President’s first trip to Israel as President of the United States.
- President Obama will view an *Iron Dome Battery in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Later, President Obama will attend a bilateral meeting with Israeli President Peres in Jerusalem.
- In the afternoon, President Obama will attend a bilateral meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, followed by a press conference.
- In the evening, President Obama will attend a working dinner hosted by Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.
* Iron Dome is a short range rocket and mortar defense system, which was developed by Israel and produced with U.S. assistance. The Iron Dome system has saved countless Israeli lives, most recentl
12:15 PM: President Obama lands at Israel’s international airport and is received with an honor guard. President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lead the welcoming committee. President Obama speaks briefly and visits an Iron Dome battery. The President then helicopters to Jerusalem.
4:00 PM: President Peres hosts President Obama at a ceremonial welcome, followed by a working session.
5:20 PM: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hosts President Obama for the trip’s most substantive talks, through the late afternoon into the evening.
8:10 PM: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Obama hold a joint press conference, then move to a working dinner and more talks, before President Obama retires to his suite at the nearby King David Hotel.
Obama will be making “a working visit” and will not be accompanied by members of his family. An upcoming visit by newly appointed Secretary of State John Kerry will also prepare the ground for Obama’s arrival.
Filed under: "BARACK" The Vote, Business, Causes, Celebrity, Daily White House Schedule, Education, Event, Foreign Polocy, Good News, History, News, Photographs, Politics, POTUS Obama, Religion, Speech, Stories, The White House, The White House Daily Snapshot, War & the Military, White House Blog, World News | Tagged: Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, Iron Dome, Israel, Jerusalem, Obama, Shimon Peres, Tel Aviv | Leave a Comment »