By Jueseppi B.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
11:10 AM: The President welcomes the 18 recipients of the 2012 Presidential Citizens Medal .
12:25 PM: The President departs Joint Base Andrews en route to Chicago, Illinois.
2:10 PM: The President arrives in Chicago, Illinois.
3:45 PM: The President delivers remarks on strengthening the economy.
5:30 PM: The President departs Chicago, Illinois.
8:00 PM: The President arrives in West Palm Beach, Florida.
“You’re a Hero”
This week, the President delivered the first State of the Union address of his second term, and then brought his proposals to a factory in North Carolina and a school in Georgia, presided over a Medal of Honor ceremony, honored the outgoing Secretary of Defense, and hungout on Google Plus.
West Wing Week: 02/15/13 or “You’re a Hero”
The week in review:
Friday, February 8th
- The President met with some of his speechwriters in the Oval Office for a working session on the State of the Union address.
- The 2012-2013 White House Fellows had a Q&A session with the President.
- Team Rubicon visited the Oval Office.
- The President paid tribute to outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta at a ceremony at Fort Myer.
Monday, February 11th
- The President gave the Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant Clinton Romesha for his heroic actions in Afghanistan.
- West Wing Week checked in on some of the speechwriters for an update on the address.
Tuesday, February 12th
- When the President addressed the nation from the US Capitol for the first State of the Union of his second term, the White House provided an enhanced version of the speech that offered charts, facts and other supporting information as the President spoke.
- Immediately following the speech, the White House streamed a virtual, live Q&A. During this special “Open for Questions” event, a panel of senior advisors answered questions about the President’s address submitted by citizens via Twitter, Google+ and Facebook, as well as from the live audience.
Wednesday, February 13th
- On Wednesday, the President traveled to Arden, North Carolina to the factory floor of the Linamar Corporation, where he heard first-hand about Linamar’s collaboration with the nearby community college to train workers for good manufacturing jobs right here in America.
Thursday, February 14th
- The President traveled to Decatur, Georgia, to the College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center, where he visited classrooms and spoke on his plan, unveiled in the State of the Union Address, to ensure high-quality preschool for every child.
- The President hosted a Google Plus hangout where they discussed his proposals from the State of the Union, among other topics.
From The White House Blog:
President Obama Presents the 2012 Presidential Citizens Medals
Published on Feb 15, 2013
The President recognizes the 13 recipients of the 2012 Presidential Citizens Medal. A tradition dating back more 40 years and established by President Nixon, the award is one of the highest honors a civilian can receive. February 15, 2013.
Everything You Need to Know about President Obama’s Plan to Ensure Hard Work Leads to a Decent Living
President Obama Participates in a Fireside Hangout on Google+
Published on Feb 14, 2013
President Obama answers questions during a virtual interview with Google+ and Americans from around the country to discuss his State of the Union Address. February 14, 2013.
Statements and Releases
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to the Inauguration of Her Excellency Park Geun-hye, President-elect of the Republic of Korea on February 25, 2013
Watch On White House Live:
Open For Questions: The State of the Union and Immigration Reform
The White House
President Barack Obama participates in a “Fireside Hangout” on Google+ with Americans from around the country to discuss his State of the Union Address, in the Roosevelt Room of the White House. February 14, 2013. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
President Barack Obama delivers remarks on early education and his plan to ensure high-quality preschool for every child, at the Decatur Community Recreation Center in Decatur, Ga., Feb. 14, 2013. (Official White House Photo by Lawrence Jackson)
Filed under: Black History, Business, Causes, Celebrity, Congress, Democrats/Democratic, Economy, Education, Finance, Foreign Polocy, Good News, Gun Control, Gun Violence, Health, History, Jobs, Joy & Happiness, Michelle Obama, News, Photographs, Politics, POTUS Obama, Speech, Stories, The White House, Videos, White House Blog, World News | Tagged: Barack Obama, Chicago, Joint Base Andrews, Linamar, Oval Office, Presidential Citizens Medal, State of the Union address, White House | 4 Comments »